Ranjan's Blog

Ranjan's Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Letter to the Prime Minister


To,
The Honourable Prime Minister of India,
South Block, Raisina Hill,
New Delhi.
India-110011.

What is it that I shall bring to your notice? What is that one thing to which I can point out and say, yes, India is free, India is safe; India means peace, India means justice; India means business, India means growth; India is well-fed, India is highly-rated; and above all India, my dear mother is great! I may have gone a bit over-board given the opportunity presented to me but I come back to my point. So, what is it? What is that one thing? I keep the questions safely to myself, for I cannot simply hurl them at you sir, for I know the answer is not simple and straight-forward, for I fear they will bounce off your stony face and hit me flush on the forehead.

They say, our Government is a thug! I simply close my eyes and murmur; it is just our bad luck. They ask, why don’t you vote? I explode, for what shall I vote? For whom shall I vote? You chant young India, prosperous India, independent India, incredible India. I simply pray, God help India. My dear sir, I do not know what do you see in India, what do you feel for India, what do you think about India; but for once if you get even the slightest of chance to slip out of your security blanket, you will come across a river called young India; it’s blood piping hot, bubbling with anger, oozing with confidence, gushing forth in full force with a mind of its own. You will see them, marching forward, surging ahead aspiring to change the course of India at every step with their sharp ideas and a mere snap of their fingers. My dear sir, young India today knows no boundaries, young India today lives on a different planet, young India today is raring to gallop at a breathtaking speed but your abrasive, barbed system makes them recede. Your promises are like the wind blows. They come and go leaving behind a trail of perpetual sorrow. Your goal is to land on Mars, ours is to buy a small piece of land on this beautiful earth. You hold rallies, you talk big, you talk long; always shouting the same old song of a better India with a certain future; constantly harping on catapulting India forward but your actions fail to catch-up with your words. My dear sir, your intentions are right, your words fail to excite and your actions, leave a lot to be desired.

I visit any office of yours seeking prompt service and all your men do is play yoyo with me? Am I an object of ridicule or a big-fat joke only meant to cast my precious vote? For how much more long will this age-old problem live in our country? Does it have an expiry? Or is it that bitter pill which I have to swallow every-time I walk-in? Or is it that bickering bill which will never have a seal? I notice the landmark of democracy, I sometimes pause and peep inside the institution of democracy but all I get to see season after season, session after session is people of cattle class howling like stray cats and dogs. My dear sir, I am sorry to say but the institution that you call parliament resembles a mental asylum. My remarks are certain to draw your ire but I don’t care, for its high-time I throw myself into the line of fire.

Who am I? Where do I stand? I am not a politician, no saint; no economist, no scientist, not even a social activist. Not a person of any pedigree but a young Indian with a Bachelor’s degree; hanging on; stranded in the midst of a fierce political storm; whose only prayer at the start of the day is that the day ends in peace and harmony. My dear sir, in simple words I am just another common man being pickled in the daily run, lost in the daily hum-drum.

I hear you are eager on Aadhaar but I would request you not to stop there, as for once I do not want to believe that it is a mere political stunt but a positive step to empower the poor. I wish you do not prove me wrong. I wish my age gets added to your’s and you live for many more years. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavours.

Enough said, enough puffed, enough coughed I will let you have the last laugh.

                                                                      Your’s sincerely,
                                                                       Ranjan Dhar

Published in http://theviewspaper.net/ranjan-dhar-writes-a-letter-to-the-prime-minister/

6 comments:

  1. An excellent attempt that would hopefully serve to stir the conscience of the inhabitants of the 'mental asylum' who surround our reticent Prime Minister.The line that most of us could fortunately or unfortunately identify with is we are the common people "whose only prayer at the start of the day is the day ends in peace and harmony".The utopia, when we will actually live and not merely survive, seems to be a far cry. Requesting you to write more often and continue to inspire greenhorns like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Moni! Will treasure it. Beautiful thoughts on your blog, keep it coming! G..g...g..Green...horn? You must be kidding! Let me tell you I have seen greenhorns and you are certainly not one! Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for those kind and encouraging words Ranjan.... I am all smiles :-) or rather on cloud nine!
    All the very best for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone want to use problems free system and in this scenario your post is really informative and effective. This kind of awareness is very important for every computer user.

    ReplyDelete